The British Association for Chinese Studies is a non-political organization which aims to encourage and promote Chinese studies in the United Kingdom.
- Application Deadline: 27 March 2019 (17:00 GMT).
- Course Level: This is a nine-month, six-month, three-month and two-month language programmes at approved centres in Taiwan.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to study the Chinese Language.
- Award: A monthly stipend of NT$25,000 is provided to cover fees and to contribute to maintenance expenses.
- Number of Awards: Not given
- Nationality: International students (Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macao students are not eligible) are eligible to apply for this application programme.
- The award can be taken in Taiwan
Read also : Do you want to prepare yourself for HSK, HSKK, YCT and BCT in 2019 register here
- Eligible Countries: International students (Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macao students are not eligible) are eligible to apply for this application programme.
- Entrance Requirements: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the opportunity :
International applicants above the age of 18, who possess A-Levels (or equivalent qualifications) or above, an excellent academic record and are of good moral character are eligible. Candidates to whom one or more of the following criteria apply are ineligible for the opportunity .
- Overseas Chinese students and nationals of the R.O.C.
- Those currently studying Mandarin in Taiwan or who have studied a degree programme in Taiwan.
- Those who have previously received an HES or a Taiwan Scholarship.
- Those who will be an exchange student to Taiwan under an agreement between partner institutions in the UK and Taiwan during the program period.
- Those currently receiving financial benefits from the Taiwan government or other educational institutions.
- Those who are not UK nationals.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Read also : Do you want to prepare yourself for IELTS, TOEIC, TOEFL iBT & ITP in 2019 register here
How to Apply: Applicants need to submit the following documents electronically to the British Association for Chinese Studies (BACS) before the announced deadline (in principle, the yearly application:
- An application form (provided by BACS).
- A scanned copy of his/her UK passport.
- Scanned copies of the certificates of his/her highest academic qualification(i.e. degree certificate or A-Level certificates). Current university students who have not yet graduated should include a copy of their most recent transcript of study.
- Proof of application to a recognised Taiwanese language centre (e.g. valid admission letter or e-mail from the language centre’s admissions department acknowledging receipt of application).
For further details regarding how to submit the application electronically, refer to ‘2017 BACS Notes for Applicants’ on the BACS website.
Applicants must already have submitted an application to their chosen language centre for the appropriate semester before applying for the Huayu Enrichment Scholarship.
Read also : Did you know that Kelas Bahasa Bandung was opening a Free-Trail Class for studying English and Mandarin for 2 weeks
scholarship in Taiwan 2019 click here
source : scholarshipposition