Scholarship Description: The CIMI LabEx (International Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science) in Toulouse offers six postdoctoral fellowships for French and foreign students. Fellowships are provided in the field of mathematics or computer science at Mathematics Institute of Toulouse (IMT) and the Institute for Research in Computer Science of Toulouse (IRIT).
Scholarship Provider: The goal of CIMI is to establish itself as a leading international centre in mathematics, computer science, and their interactions. This original combination within a single structure goes beyond the current conventional collaborations and creates a real synergy suitable for achieving global excellence in research and in exploring innovative research areas.CIMI is a unique place for research in mathematics and computer science attracting high-level scientists and students.
Degree Level: Fellowships are awarded for pursuing Postdoctoral programme.
Available Subject: Fellowships are provided in the field of mathematics or computer science at Mathematics Institute of Toulouse (IMT) and the Institute for Research in Computer Science of Toulouse (IRIT).
Scholarship Benefits: Each post-doctoral fellow will receive a net salary of €2,330 per month and thus benefit from health insurance and social coverage.
(S)he will participate in the scientific activities of the laboratory, in particular to seminars and working groups.
At the end of his/her tenure, each of the selected candidates will write a report on his /her scientific accomplishment, comparing it to his/her initial project and describing his/her subsequent objectives. For the two-year positions, the concerned candidate will also write a report at the end of the first year and explain the reasons for the renewal of his/her contract.
Eligible Nationalities: French and foreign researchers are eligible to apply for these Postdoctoral Fellowships.
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for these fellowships:
- Positions are open to holders of a doctorate in mathematics or computer science obtained by 30th of September 2017 at the latest either in France or in a foreign country Offers are not theme-based and all mathematical and computer science disciplines are welcome. The selection will be based on excellence in scientific accomplishment and the quality of the scientific project. Interactions between mathematics and computer science will be closely examined.
- The scientific project must have been written up together with a member of either IMT or IRIT or both institutes.
- The CIMI LabEX applies an equal opportunity policy in recruitment.
Entrance Requirements: Positions are open to holders of a doctorate in mathematics or computer science obtained by 30th of September 2017 at the latest either in France or in a foreign country Offers are not theme-based and all mathematical and computer science disciplines are welcome.
Test Requirement: Applicants need to clear the following test:
- TCF (Test de connaissance du français – Test of knowledge of French):
- Le TEF (Test d’évaluation de français – French assessment test)
- Degrees in French
- The DELF (Diplôme d’études en langue française – Diploma of French-language studies)
- DALF (Diplôme approfondi de langue française – Advanced diploma in French language).
Application Procedure: All applications must be submitted online by 3rd of February 2017 (22H00 Paris time).
Applicants must be able to provide the following documents :
- A curriculum vitae with the list of publications
- A motivation letter
- The proposed scientific project (around 2 pages)
- Two detailed recommendation letters
- Name(s) of the local tutor/scientist(s) at the host institution (member of IMT or IRIT) together with a detailed letter of support.
source : scholarship ads