The new Milyon Postdoctoral Positions is now available on offer for the academic year 2019-2021. Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this position.
MILYON is a LabEx (Laboratoire d’Excellence), a center of Excellence, carried forward by the researchers in the fields of mathematics and theoretical computer science of the University of Lyon in the region of Lyon Saint-Etienne.
MILYON is one of the projects of Excellence that was awarded a LabEx grant (Laboratoire d’Excellence) by the French National Agency for Research (ANR), as part of the program “Investments for the Future” (Investissements d’Avenir) after a first call for proposals in 2010. MILYON is one of the twelve LabEx awarded to the University of Lyon.
Positions are available to pursue postdoctoral programs.
Field of Study:
The Milyon research unit covers most of the fields in Mathematics and fundamental Computer Science.
- Research positions with no teaching duty.
- Two year contract.
- Net salary: 2,179 € / month. Basic social security included.
- € 1,500 / year allowance for work-related expenses.
Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this position.
- One or Two positions are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in France.
The candidates will do their research in one of the following research units:
- Camille Jordan Institute (ICJ)
- Laboratory of Computing Parallelism (LIP)
- Unit of Pure and Applied Mathematics (UMPA)
Candidates must have obtained a doctorate in mathematics or fundamental Computer Science before October 1st, 2019.
English Language Requirements:
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Applying procedure Instructions:
How to Apply: Candidates must have obtained a doctorate in mathematics or fundamental Computer Science before October 1st, 2019.
The application includes:
- A curriculum vitae
- A list of publications
- A research project
- Up to two letters of recommendation from researchers external to Lyon
- A letter from the scientific advisor in Lyon (the application has to be supported by a researcher in one of the three units of the Labex Milyon)