As an institution, ICFO strives to be a resource for science, technology and talent and to provide ICFO researchers with unique skills to become successful and independent future leaders, both in the academic and industrial worlds.
In order to be eligible applicants must have a high working knowledge of English.
- Applications Deadline: November 25, 2018
- Course Level: ICFO-The Institute of Photonic Sciences offers the opportunity to accomplish Final Degree Projects / Masters’ Theses or to participate in a research stay, fostering the students’ education and research training.
- Study Subject: Fellowships will be offered across all ICFO research groups in the following research topics:
- Biophysics & Biomedical Optics
- Optical Sensing, Optoelectronics & Photovoltaics
- Nonlinear Optics, Ultrafast Optics & Atto-Physics
- Nanophotonics, Optomechanics & Nanomechanics
- Experimental Quantum Optics & Quantum Information
- Theoretical Nanophotonics, Quantum Optics & Quantum Information
- Nationality: Fellowships are available for students of nationalities.
- Number of Scholarships: Limited number of fellowships is available to outstanding students from top Universities worldwide.
- Scholarship can be taken in Spain
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Fellowships are available for students of nationalities.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Candidates must be currently enrolled/registered to an undergraduate or master’s program. Eligible areas include, but are not limited to, Physics, Engineering, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology.
Selection of Fellows is based on merit and potential, measured in terms of academic records and personal achievements. Proactive attitudes, participation in community activities, and capacity for team-work are also taken into account.
Persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. No restrictions of citizenship or gender apply to ICFO positions.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have high working knowledge of English.
How to Apply: 1st step: Submit your application
All applications must be submitted exclusively online jobs, our online application interface (http://jobs.icfo.eu). Required application material should be uploaded to the application form and must be complete in order to be considered.
To apply for a fellowship, suitable candidates are requested to submit the following documents (in English):
- A presentation letter indicating the ICFO research group(s) of interest,
- A Curriculum Vitae, including complete contact details,
- A scanned copy of the academic transcripts for the undergraduate and postgraduate (if applies), in English, Spanish, or Catalan,
- The print-out of the equivalence calculation of your academic results/ GPA accomplished via http://www.foreigncredits.com/Resources/GPA-Calculator/
- Name and contact details of one potential referee.
The deadline for submission of the application material, is: November 25, 2018
2nd step: Review process
In a first revision stage, applications will first be reviewed to assure that they meet the eligibility requirements and conditions and candidates will be notified accordingly. Eligible applications will be evaluated by the Selection Committee. Candidates who have the required experience will be invited to pass on to the second revision stage, in which h/she and the evaluating ICFO Group Leader(s) will be discussing the research interests and suitability of the candidate for a potential project, as well as the duration of the stay and other particular conditions. An interview, either in person or by phone, is a fundamental part of the procedure.
In case of a final positive evaluation, the candidate will receive an official fellowship offer from ICFO.
All applicants will be notified of the decision in their case by the end of January 2019, at the latest.
source : scholarship-position