Identify challenges and projects, and catalyzing innovations that can transform the Gastronomy Tourism sector in the near future.
20 selected Start-ups will be shortlisted by a panel of international experts and stakeholders from the gastronomy tourism sector (public and private sector, academia, and civil society)
How do we evaluate projects?
The projects must be aligned with the Sustainable Development Goals established by the United Nations and the introduction or adaptation of digital and technological elements, and focused on one (or several) of the following areas:
- Destination management or private management of solutions/products/services developed around gastronomy as gastronomic tourism products
- Supply-side configuration seeking balance between sustainable development and the profitability of the project, maximizing the positive impacts on the community.
- Connection with the market and the user experience in all phases of the trip.
- The integration of sustainability in the project´s business plan, specifically the conservation of local ingredients and the relationship between culture, heritage, gastronomy, tourism and economic growth.
Who can apply?
Startups in the Early Stage or Series A Stage
Both for-profit and non-profit
Natural or legal persons
Startups with a minimum viable product (MVP)
Startups with potential for scalability
Startups with a sustainable vision
We are looking for startups with most disruptive ideas focused on solving real needs in the tourism and gastronomy sector with a responsible approach.
In particular, we are targeting startups that are:
- In the Early Stage or Series A Stage
- Both for-profit and non-profit
- Natural or legal persons
- Startups with a minimum viable product (MVP)
- Startups with potential for scalability
- Startups with a sustainable vision
Deadline for candidatures: March 5, 2019
source : scholarship-position