You can apply for a data communication fellowship at ForSet, if you satisfy the following:
- reside and work in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, the Russian Federation, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, or Uzbekistan;
- are a journalist, communications specialist, activist, designer, or coder actively involved in media work or social activism
- have demonstrable capacity in data analysis, data journalism, and/or digital communications
- are fluent in written and spoken English
- will be available to spend 3 weeks in Tbilisi from October 29 – November 18, 2018
- will be available to spend another 3 weeks in Tbilisi in March 2019 (exact dates to be determined)
- are able to participate in an online mentorship program and other activities (meetups, webinars, conference calls)
- are open and willing to get involved in cross-country collaboration and reporting
- have no political party or religious organization affiliation
About DataFest Tbilisi:
During their first Tbilisi-based fellowship, fellows will attend DataFest Tbilisi 2018 – 3 days of inspirational talks, workshops and a datathon bringing together more than 500 attendees from media organizations, CSOs, businesses and government agencies to strengthen local community and create a regional one around data, communications, technology and business.
Last year, DataFest Tbilisi hosted 400 attendees coming from 30 countries including more than 40 amazing speakers and trainers. We had 18 inspirational speeches, 36 practical workshops and a satellite event – Ministry of Data Hackathon.
This year, we are expecting more than 500 attendees from Eastern and Central Europe, Central Asia and beyond.
The deadline for receiving applications is July 30, 2018.
source : scholarship position